You are the light of the world. A city seated on a mountain cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle and put it under a bushel, but upon a candlestick, that it may shine to all that are in the house. So let your light shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven. (Mathew 5:14-16)
Many of us claim to be practicing Catholics. With this in mind, I DARE YOU to do the following:
- Say a prayer before every meal. Most of us do so at home. I dare you to do it at work. In fact, I dare you to do it anywhere you have a meal. Do it not for show, but with the same humbleness you would do so at home.
- Next time someone speaks out against the Catholic faith, gently rebuke that person, with love and humility.
- Next time you hear of someone who is suffering in any way, offer to pray for them or their afflicted loved ones.
- Go to confession and hold nothing back. Let it all hang out. Go often.
- If you have not done so before, start reciting the Rosary. If you already do, invite another Catholic who has never recited the Rosary to join you.
- Invite a lapsed Catholic to join you at Sunday Mass.
- Attend Eucharistic Adoration for a full hour at least once a week. Invite a fellow Catholic who has never been to Eucharistic Adoration to join you.
- Reflect on one that you swore you could never forgive. Now go visit that person and let that person know that you have forgiven them.
- Start reading the Bible from beginning to the end. When you have finished, start all over again.
- Whatever you currently give to charity or place in the collection basket…add an extra 10%.
For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? For he that shall be ashamed of me, and of my words, in this adulterous and sinful generation: the Son of man also will be ashamed of him, when he shall come in the glory of his Father with the holy angels. (Mark 8:36-38)
Copyright 2017, Luciano Corbo